Skip to content ↓
Frewen College

Frewen College

CEAS: Special Educational Needs Allowance

The MoD may help with fees for eligible personnel to pay for the boarding school education of your child through the Continuity of Education Allowance (CEA), and Frewen is a school that may be chosen by Service families, including those who are eligible to claim the CEA.

There is also a Special Educational Needs Addition (SENA) to the CEA, which may help a parent who has a child identified with Special Educational Needs to pay for the fees for their child to attend a special school such as Frewen.

Next steps

Service parents are strongly advised to contact their Admin Unit or Service equivalent to ensure they are eligible.  We would advise you make contact with The Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) who provide advice and guidance to parents from all three Services on educational issues relating to Service children, including issues relating to SEND and the CEA and SENA and will be able to give you up-to-date information and an initial Boarding School Pack: 





  • British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
  • Crested
  • The Good Schools Guide
  • Boarding Schools Association
  • Elklan's 'Communication Friendly Schools
  • Independent Schools Association