Ofsted Boarding Report
Our boarding provision is inspected every year by Ofsted under the Children's Act 1989 as amended by the Care Standards Act 2000. Boarding inspections are now unannounced with just a couple of hours' notice. We chose to be subject to Ofsted inspections rather than the Independent Schools' Inspectorate as we considered this would be more readily accepted by Local Authorities considering the placement of children with us.
The last boarding inspection took place over three days in March 2014. We have been pleased to receive successive 'Outstanding' boarding assessments, so were very disappointed that this report downgraded us to 'Adequate' despite no change in our commitment to creating a safe and enjoyable environment for our boarders. You can see the full reports by clicking on the pdf icons below, and if any parents or prospective parents have any concerns at all about the any shortcomings identified we would be very happy to discuss these with them.
Amongst the positive comments reported by the Inspectors are:
- Boarders speak highly of their boarding experience and of the school as a whole.
- Relationships between boarders are extremely supportive and respectful.
- Boarders' comments included "It's one big happy family here", "I love my sisters in the boarding house", "It's really fun to board, there's lots of nice things to do and I have lots of friends here", "staff really care for us", and "my needs and culture are respected by the school".
- Boarders are well prepared for adulthood through learning life skills on a day-to-day basis.
- Boarders are very positive about the food.
With new Houseparents and a new Principal now in place we are completely committed to correcting the various procedural shortcomings identified in the report and regaining 'Outstanding' status as quickly as possible.